|Scale on a branch. (UC IPM photo)|
- Continue monitoring for San Jose scale, navel orangeworm eggs, ant mounds and spider mites.
- Watch for diseases, including alternaria leaf spot, bacterial spot, hull rot, rust and shot hole.
- Assess for weeds.
|Use a hand lends to inspect first true leaves in cotton.|
- Sample once or twice a week.
- Walk down rows in four quadrants of the field.
- Use a hand lens to examine the first true leaves or cotyledons of random plants looking for damage and insects and mites.